Hello everyone!
This week went by way too fast because we went on splits 3 times - so we were running around the Whole week! It was lots of fun, but we were happy to have the Apartment to ourselves at the end of the week, haha. There also was a massive festival that only happens every 4 years, and this year it was in Aalborg, so the entire week there were 25,000 -30,000 extra people wandering around the city, with concerts and sporting events and all kinds of stuff. It was nuts! try looking up landstævne 2017 and see if you can find anything!
The Whole week was kind of a blur because of all the stuff that was going on, but when we did have the chance to just sit and think in our Apartment, we realized that there is actually several different pairs of baby seagulls living on the Apartment roofs around us. The roofs are in varying levels of steepness, and at one particular place, a more steep roof meets a slightly less steep roof and they create a Little ravine Down the roofs. I noticed that there were a couple more mature baby seagulls that lived in that same roof area, and i've watched them out the window a few times. However, yesterday morning I came out and one of the Little seagulls had slipped and gotten stuck Down at the bottom of the ravine. We watched him try to jump and climb his way back up the roof, but he wasn't seeming to go anywhere. This morning, when I came out, I couldn't see him out there in the ravine, and he hadn't fallen off the roof, so I assumed that he had made it to the top and was off having fun. But then a Little while later, I came in to study and noticed that once Again, this Little bird was in the ravine (maybe he hadn't ever gotten out) and was still fighting to get back up the roof Again. While we were watching and cheering him on from the window, Sister Petersen glanced Down at the sidewalk beneath.... and that was when our Hearts broke. Sometime during the morning, the other baby seagull had also fallen and slid too far, and fell off the roof, with a not so happy result. We were devastated, and began cheering the other baby on with even more vigor. We were trying so hard to hold back tears, and were almost too terrified to Watch what was happening, because we just wanted this Little bird to be safe. We got so nervous that we even said a prayer that somehow, this Little guy would make it to the top safely and wouldn't end up like his Brother. And during that prayer, I thought of a scripture in Matthew 10:29-31. It talks about how not one sparrow falls without God knowing, and that if he knows that these Little birds are there, how much more aware of us is He? If Sister Petersen and I were so invested in the safety and well being of these baby scavengers, how can that even compare to how invested God is in every tiny aspect of what we do? We haven't been home yet, so we don't know if that baby bird made it or not, but I do know that we are of far more worth to our Father than sparrows, seagulls, even eagles. He's there and he cares and he wants us to succeed. Trust that he can help you fly when you think you're about to fall.
Keep going, keep loving, and keep living :) LIfe is such a gift, and we can't let it pass us by. Have a great week and know that I love you!
Love, Sister Ludlow
Yah - Denmark is the BEST!






No comments:
Post a Comment