Monday, June 26, 2017

June 26, 2017

Hello everyone :)

I hope you all a great week! This week was pretty fun. All of the students graduated, so they have these fun white hats that they wear and they drive around the city in the back of big old army trucks and semi trucks just singing and dancing and being crazy. It has been pretty funny to watch. It also was Sankt Hans, which is a holiday where they 'burn witches'. So all around the city there was just big bonfires with little fake witches on top haha. It is a really fun tradition. We hopped around the city and went to a couple different ones, but my favorite was the one out on the water. I'll send pictures! 
 

Last Monday, we got on our bikes to come home and I realized that my front tire was flat, which was weird because it was perfectly fine when we got there... so I did a little bit of inspection and found a STICK sticking out of my tire!!! It was about as long as my middle finger, and had a single thorn on it... where was the thorn, you ask? In my tire. Typical. I have no idea how I managed to run over that stick in the EXACT spot where the thorn was at precisely the angle it needed to penetrate my tire and tube. So we walked home. It was actually really funny and we had a good walk. 

Just a reminder that even with a flat tire there can still be a little sunshine in your life!

It was also the longest day of the year earlier this week! It was so bright all day. But now it will get darker again, by about a half hour every week. but that is okay. As Dumbledore says, Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only chooses to turn on the light. Rune actually asked us if we could have a lesson about happiness. At first we weren't sure how we were going to tie that back into the gospel, but after a couple seconds we realized that OF COURSE IT DOES. True, lasting, pure happiness comes only as a result of living God's plan and principles. Everything He does and everything He wants us to become is only for our eternal happiness. Dumbledore was right- no matter what is happening or how we are feeling or how unsure we are about if things will be okay, if we choose the light, choose to follow Jesus Christ, happiness, confidence, light, and peace will come. So that was something that I thought about this week.  Happiness is found everywhere - we just have to choose to see it. Look for the good in yourself and others this week, and be happy :)

I love and miss you all and I hope you have a great week! 

Søster Ludlow

Beautiful Aalborg!





District Lunch
Aalborg Zoo!  Baby Polar Bear!

The sign says "BIGGEST BIRD IN THE WORLD" hehe








Witch Burning 
















No comments:

Post a Comment