Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 9:24:41 AM
Subject: Don't take the Christmas out of the home
Hej everyone!
This week i learned that if you are in a Danes house at Christmas time
and they offer you food and you say no, that they get sad because you
are 'taking the Christmas out of their home'. in other words, they are
trying to be good, giving people and you aren't letting them, so suck
it up and EAT.
Don't worry, I always eat when they tell me to eat. but just so that
you all understand the struggle of trying to not get fat in Denmark.
Don't take the Christmas out of the home.
This week was fun! I opened up the Liahona to read Elder Ballard's
talk from conference, and I got a flashback from home! My uncle Tom
and cousin Jena were in the magazine! So shout out to them for being
in the right place at the right time! I also got a letter from my
incredible Grandma in Reno, and it made my day. Just so you all know,
I think about you all and I pray for you every day :)
We were out bonking doors the other day and we were having 0 luck, so
we started talking to some random older guy who was getting out of his
car.... he told us that he likes Christmas because it is when we
celebrate Jesus' birth. Our mouths dropped open. What! He talked about
Christ?! So we asked him if he had ever read about Christ's visit to
the American continent, and his eyes got all big and he said "..NO?!
Come back to my house and tell me about it!" So he walked us over to
his house and introduced us to his very elderly mother as "two Mormon
girls, just like how Donny and Marie were Mormon, so are they!".
Anyway, turns out that this man used to be a professional soccer
player and was so famous that he had to change his name so that people
wouldn't look him up and come to his house - also he has millions and
millions of dollars worth of art in his tiny apartment..... Rembrandt.
This man has REMBRANDT IN HIS OLD DANISH APARTMENT. But more
importantly, he was very interesting in learning about the Book of
Mormon. We are going back on Wednesday to talk to him about what he
read :) It just goes to show you - there is NO SUCH THING as
coincidence! The Lord puts us in people's paths for a reason and he
always gives us the chance to learn more about Him.
Can you all remember Ole, the old guy who blew his nose for 3 minutes
straight? Well, we meet with him once a week, and have been trying to
help him give up his addictions and come to church. and this week, HE
CAME TO CHURCH. We have been trying for weeks and weeks to get him to
come (which is very hard because he is in wheelchair, so someone from
the care home has to drive him out here), and this week, he got his
hair cut, shaved his beard, and came to church. When we saw that he
was there, I just started crying. I couldn't help it. He was just
sitting there in his wheelchair, alone in the chapel, crying. He has
cut down from 30-40 cigarettes a day to only 5, and even though it is
the hardest thing in the world for him to do, he is turning his back
on the world and turning back to the Savior. He is just so happy, and
he could feel the spirit so strongly. It was a testament to me
that God really does provide a way for us to accomplish the things
that He has asked us to do. I'm just incredibly grateful that I can
witness it happening in so many lives, even here in 'athiest' Denmark.
People can change - it just takes time and love. Love everyone you
meet, guys. Do everything you can. Just like the church's new video,
LIGHT THE WORLD. Be a light. Pull someone out of darkness. I promise
that you will never regret it.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you and miss you all!
Søster Ludlow
and they offer you food and you say no, that they get sad because you
are 'taking the Christmas out of their home'. in other words, they are
trying to be good, giving people and you aren't letting them, so suck
it up and EAT.
Don't worry, I always eat when they tell me to eat. but just so that
you all understand the struggle of trying to not get fat in Denmark.
Don't take the Christmas out of the home.
talk from conference, and I got a flashback from home! My uncle Tom
and cousin Jena were in the magazine! So shout out to them for being
in the right place at the right time! I also got a letter from my
incredible Grandma in Reno, and it made my day. Just so you all know,
I think about you all and I pray for you every day :)
we started talking to some random older guy who was getting out of his
car.... he told us that he likes Christmas because it is when we
celebrate Jesus' birth. Our mouths dropped open. What! He talked about
Christ?! So we asked him if he had ever read about Christ's visit to
the American continent, and his eyes got all big and he said "..NO?!
Come back to my house and tell me about it!" So he walked us over to
his house and introduced us to his very elderly mother as "two Mormon
girls, just like how Donny and Marie were Mormon, so are they!".
Anyway, turns out that this man used to be a professional soccer
player and was so famous that he had to change his name so that people
wouldn't look him up and come to his house - also he has millions and
millions of dollars worth of art in his tiny apartment..... Rembrandt.
This man has REMBRANDT IN HIS OLD DANISH APARTMENT. But more
importantly, he was very interesting in learning about the Book of
Mormon. We are going back on Wednesday to talk to him about what he
read :) It just goes to show you - there is NO SUCH THING as
coincidence! The Lord puts us in people's paths for a reason and he
always gives us the chance to learn more about Him.
straight? Well, we meet with him once a week, and have been trying to
help him give up his addictions and come to church. and this week, HE
CAME TO CHURCH. We have been trying for weeks and weeks to get him to
come (which is very hard because he is in wheelchair, so someone from
the care home has to drive him out here), and this week, he got his
hair cut, shaved his beard, and came to church. When we saw that he
was there, I just started crying. I couldn't help it. He was just
sitting there in his wheelchair, alone in the chapel, crying. He has
cut down from 30-40 cigarettes a day to only 5, and even though it is
the hardest thing in the world for him to do, he is turning his back
on the world and turning back to the Savior. He is just so happy, and
he could feel the spirit so strongly. It was a testament to me
that God really does provide a way for us to accomplish the things
that He has asked us to do. I'm just incredibly grateful that I can
witness it happening in so many lives, even here in 'athiest' Denmark.
People can change - it just takes time and love. Love everyone you
meet, guys. Do everything you can. Just like the church's new video,
LIGHT THE WORLD. Be a light. Pull someone out of darkness. I promise
that you will never regret it.
Pretty much the fattest pigeons are in Denmark
No comments:
Post a Comment