Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28, 2016

Hello everyone!

 I hope that you all had a fantastic week :) Mine was incredible (as
always - its easy when you live in DENMARK.)

I got to go on splits with Søster Haag this week! That was really fun
to be with her again for a little while. It also was her birthday, so
we celebrated a little! Now that I think about it, we celebrated a lot
this week. I also hit my 6 months on the mission mark, so Søster
Holbrook  and I got some Pizza and ice cream to celebrate. It is weird
to think that this has been my life for 6 months. Time flies when
you're having fun on the Lord's errand!

Burning tights at my 6 month mark.....a mission tradition is to burn 
a clothing item (for Elder's it's a tie) at milestones.

So we have this investigator, his name is Mads. He has recently
decided that he was going to change his life around and stop all the
drug and alcohol misuse problems he has had his whole life. A couple
weeks ago, we committed him to pray - usually when we do this, people
will either not do it, or they will try once and call it good. But not
Mads! We met with him on Saturday, and he told us all embarrassed that
he had only prayed for the first week, and not the second.  I just
about lost my mind. He prayed every day for a week! without us asking
him too! and get this - he didn't know what to say, so he just said
prayers of gratitude. Is that not just the happiest thing you've ever
heard? He felt so lucky and happy this week that he wouldn't ask for
things, he only said thank you. He also came to church yesterday and
texted us afterwards saying thank you for the inspiring weekend and
that he was excited to keep meeting people in the church and to keep
learning. He likes our church :) People like Mads make mission life
worth it. They don't come around very often, but man.... they make us
happy.

I found this quote the other day in Sister Holbrooks training book and
thought it was so cool. it says "Worrying can be a way of mentally
practicing failure." WHAAAAAT. thats nuts! think of all the things
that we worry over! When we do that, we are preparing ourselves for
failure. When we worry, we limit our own capacity. When we worry, we
put the Lord's plan on pause and limit what he can do for us. I want
to challenge all of you to try and worry a little less. How? Read
Doctrine and Covenants 6 and then I think you'll find the answer. Be
grateful for what you have, and let the Lord speak peace to your mind
- it'll all work out. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I am
grateful for all of you and for this chance that I have to serve the
Lord! have a good week!

Søster Ludlow

'
Denmark is sooo beautiful!

Me and Sister Holbrook celebrating my 6 month on the mission mark with
the worlds 3rd best ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment