Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017

Hey everyone!
 
I hope everything is going well for all of you! Summer vacation is here! I hope you all enjoy the sun and the fun and are inviting the missionaries and their investigators to your summer barbecues! There's an idea for you all!


Things are going great here in Aalborg! I love it here! We had a great week. Some ups and downs, I'll get the downer stuff out of the way and get to the good stuff.

We need some prayers for our investigators. Olav is kind of thinking that maybe he doesn't want to get baptized... So pray for him. And Rune is having a hard time making church a priority. So he isn't going to have much progression if he doesn't come to church and meet normal members. So keep them in your prayers pretty please with a cherry on top!

I have some funny stories.
1. Søster Petersen and I went to a burger shop before coordinations meeting. This burger was really big and there was no way that we could eat it gracefully. So we just embraced it and got burger all over our faces when just then the ward mission leader walks in. Cool.

2. Saturday. Just the whole day. So we got another Headquarters referral, so we decided to find them. Well, they live on the steepest hill in Aalborg. So it was already super not that fun to get to the top. Well we get there and the address doesn't exist. The street was missing 3 houses..... So then we just decide to find any house that could be this referral. So we found a house that had a similar name (we are looking for Stefan and the guy we find is Steve). So we come up to Steve's house and it kind of looks like a haunted house that you would see in movies.  So we come up to the front door and it is wide open. The house is completely dark and it kind of looks abandoned. So we knock on the door. And this old guy comes out of the shadows. He wasn't interested, unfortunately. Ha!
Other fun things from the week:
I found wheat pretzels and they are massive and I love them. 
Søster Petersen and I went to Copenhagen for MLC. That was really fun and cool!
And we gave a church tour to some new investigators who are from Africa! They both want to come to church next week and all will be well!

Here is a service quote for all of you:
''Serving Him requires all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. Consequently, selflessly serving  others counteracts the self-centered and selfish tendencies of the natural man.'' -David A. Bednar. Selfless service is possibly the best way to get to know our Savior Jesus Christ. Isn't it so cool that we can actually get to know Jesus Christ on a personal level? There isn't much better way to do that than to walk a little while in His shoes. Of course we will never understand the full extent of what Christ did for us, but even just a little inkling of understanding of the things he did for us will give us a whole new appreciation and desire to get to know him. Try it everyone!

I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! 
MKH- Søster Ludlow

A Picture for each hour of the 5 hour train ride....
  Ok it's getting old

FREE FROM THE TRAIN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment