Hello Everyone!
This week was crazy and awesome! Sister Haag and I both got transferred out of Aarhus. (which is why I am sending this today instead of yesterday - sometimes transfers get a little too nuts and things go crazy) We were really sad to leave, but we made a lot of friends and learned a lot, so it was time well spent! I'll miss it, but my new area is Aalborg! And my new companion is Sister Petersen, the same one I was in the MTC with!!!! Hehe, President doesn't know what kind of trouble he is getting himself into.... just kidding, we will behave ourselves. At first it was kind of a joke that he ran out of companions that could handle me, but we are now on the third in a row..... so... its not really a joke anymore. But I am not complaining because I love Sister Petersen!
Saying good bye to Aarhus
Familien Andersen!
We also had the incredible opportunity of having Elder Andersen from the Quorum of the Twelve apostles come. He talked about a lot of things in relation to our missionary work, and I don't even know where to begin with what I learned. He just kept repeating the words "THEY ARE HERE. i promise, THEY ARE HERE". Of course, he talked about things we can do to be more inspired missionaries, but just that idea - that people are prepared and wanting to hear the gospel. And they are HERE! We just have to find them. He talked to us about gaining our own testimony, and how we can use it throughout the rest of our lives, and it really hit me how cool of an opportunity I have right now. Rather than learning subjects in school, or learning about careers, or movies, or music, I have the chance to learn about the gospel and what it really means to ME. He invited us all to try making the gospel an inseparable part of our lives. How? By sitting, studying, pondering, and praying about every single doctrine. Starting from the center, with Jesus Christ, and then moving on to everything else that the church teaches. He said that there is not a single one of the apostles that has not done that, and that is why they are so firm and inshakeable. So that is my new quest. I invite you all to do the same - evaluate where your testimony is. If you aren't sure what you believe, then start with Jesus Christ. Who is He? How can He help you? Learn. Study. Pray. Elder Andersen promised that if we do that, we WILL receive the answers that we are searching for. It truly was an incredible opportunity to be that close with an Apostle, hearing him bear testimony of the Savior. I couldn't look away from him. It wasn't overwhelming, it didn't move us to tears, but every single person in that room left with more confidence, more desire, and more understanding for the calling that we have. It was awesome.
Well, that was really the highlight of the week. Lots happened, but unfortunately, I can't write it all. I love and miss you all. Remember who you are and know that He is proud of you!
Love, Søster Ludlow
Saying goodbye to my favorite couch 😣











No comments:
Post a Comment