Hello everyone!
It has been an eventful week! Aalborg is awesome, I love the city and the people more and more every single day. But let me tell you something crazy about Denmark. It is possible the ONLY place in the world where the wind blows so hard that you have to bike hard downhill or else you'll stop moving forward. It also is one of the only places where the wind can blow equally hard all four directions simultaneously. So moral of the story: Wind is my favorite.
| Brewis loves the wind too! |
Also, we saw baby seagulls and jelly fish this week! The danish word for jellyfish is 'vandmand' which means water man, and I just think that's really cute.
| See the Jellyfish in the ocean? |
| Baby Seagulls |
So several of you have asked about the investigators that I mentioned a couple weeks ago, and I thought I'd share a little bit about one of them named Rune. Rune is about 40 and became religious after an experience with a serious accident and prayer. This week, he accepted to work towards a baptismal date, and seemed pretty excited about it. However, Satan is a full on PUNK and decided to make things difficult. But just like making any good decision that brings us closer to God, we have an opposing force that is going to try and stop the whole thing from happening. Here are just a couple of things this week that happened. He wanted to come and play basketball with us at the church and on his way, he missed a step on the stairs down from his apartment, took a nasty tumble and ended up in the ER getting x-rays. Good news is that his leg was only dislocated, and is doing much better now. Fast foward to Sunday. He promised he would come to church, and he did!! He was embarrassed because he was wearing Golf clothes from the day before. He came home to freshen up for church, and locked himself out of his apartment. He couldn't change clothes or anything, but the locksmith couldn't come until 12. So he couldn't really do anything else except come to church. Haha! Foiled again, Adversary!! So. Please keep our dear friend Rune in your prayers so that we can keep him on his way to his baptismal date!
But that whole experience just got me thinking about what how the greatest things always follow a test and a challenge. There will always be opposition on the path to greatness; that means that if you are experiencing opposition, it is only because something great is around the corner. Keep fighting. Learn from our friend Rune, and just keep going, regardless of how long it takes. You can do it. I know it, and God knows it :)
I miss and love you all - I hope you have a good week!
Søster Ludlow
| Biking in Aalborg |
No comments:
Post a Comment