Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15

Hej!
I hope that everyone had an incredible mothers day! Mine was great because I got to talk to the world's best mum. Also just because Denmark is incredible.
Things have been going well here in Aarhus! We have been all over the place giving trainings, going to meetings and on splits, and just doing missionary work. But a couple weeks ago, we met a couple on the street who had just bought leeks (as in the food) and while we were talking, she was waving it around and then eventually said "wow, next time you talk to your family, you can tell them that you almost got attacked by some crazy dane carrying leeks". So I figured I'd share that, haha. 
Recently, we have been learning from Patricia how to find 4 leaf clovers..... and I have found EIGHT in the last 3 days!!!!!! Sometimes I think she is a witch... but actually she is just really cool and we love her a lot. Keep her in your prayers :) 
Also, a man just came to us and asked if I would look after his stuff while he goes to the toilet. I guess I look trustworthy?
Anyway, we have a local group of Greenlandic people (and one lady that I think is danish...) and they always get really drunk on weekends and hang out in the same place. Well, this lady is known for just sitting and yelling. She just yells all day at the other drunk people and always seems so angry and sad. Well last week, we were on the bus and she got on. She was being uncharacteristically quiet, but some dumb teenagers started yelling at her and mocking her from the other side of the bus. At first she was quiet, but then she started yelling back. It got to the point where the bus driver told the boys to get off. and after they got off, the lady just shrunk back into her corner and stared at the floor. I couldn't stop watching her. I just watched and watched and was filled with the hugest feeling of love for this lady. I don't even know her, but no one, NO ONE, deserves to be treated like that and then feel alone after. My stop was the next one, so all I could do was grab a few candies, run over to her, and ask her if she'd like some. She smiled and said "ja tak" and took them, and then I left. I highly doubt she'll remember that, but I don't think I'll ever forget it. It really is incredible the amount of love we can feel for other people, and just think; it doesn't even begin to compare to the love that our Father in Heaven has for us. So the next time that you are frustrated with someone, or you find yourself judging, or can't seem to get along.... look for something to love. ask to see them how God sees them. He loves us all and wants us to be happy. So be the person to show His love.
I love and miss you all :) I hope you have an incredible week!
Love, Søster Ludlow

Mols Bjerge National Park-Kaloe Castle Ruin

















YELLOW FIELDS!




Splits with Sister Player and Sister ______________






No comments:

Post a Comment