Goddag, goddag!
That's how all the old people in Denmark greet each other on the streets and I love it so much. This week was another good one in the magnificent land of Denmark! We went on splits with my cute little Spaniard Sister Acosta. Every time that she sees me, she screams and goes "OOOOOH mi CHUURRIIIITAAAAAAAAA" in a really high voice and it is hilarious. I love Sister Acosta.
Weather update: I walked around today with NO COAT OR JACKET ON. Miracles! Also, most of the trees are finally starting to get their leaves. I forgot how much I love leaves. Spring is a beautiful time of year!

The other day, we were walking with Patricia to an activity at the church and she kept looking around at people like they were crazy. We were a little confused about what she was doing, but then all of a sudden she says, "man, are you two seeing how many people are staring at us?! I mean, I'm sure we look great, but this is just getting weird!" And after that, we started noticing it. Everywhere we went, people would spend abnormal amounts of time watching the three of us walking down the street. From windows, cars, other places on the street. It was quite interesting, but I realized that as missionaries, we draw far more attention that we realize. People are always watching and observing. It really just struck me how much we literally represent the church and the Savior. We're different, but that's a good thing. I think the same goes for all of you, though. People are always seeing what it is you are doing - and there was a talk at conference that talked about giving children something great to imitate! That became a little more real for me this week. We need to give others something great to imitate! It was funny that Patricia noticed it, but also cool to see.
In church yesterday, someone compared the scriptures to a letter. They asked, "If you were on a mission or living far away from home, and received a letter from your parent, best friend, or role model, would you take the letter and just leave it sitting on your shelf without ever being read? Or would you open it and read the advice and love expressed inside? Thats exactly what Heavenly Father has done for us by giving us scriptures. Why would we receive this wonderful letter from Him and never take the time to read it?". I thought it was a really cool idea. How many times have I anxiously awaited a letter, email, or text from someone to give me advice on what I should do... and how many times have I searched the scriptures with that same earnestness? Hopefully you all will take a little extra time in your day to read the letter that our Father in Heaven has sent to us. We really are so blessed to have what we have... we just need to use it!
I love and miss you all, and hope that you have a good week! Remember to smile!
Love, Søster Ludlow

A pretty pic from the top of the "Hill Cumorah" (what the ward mission leader
calls it), AKA the highest point in Aarhus. It's a bump in the middle of a
horse field.

I made a friend in Denmark!
No comments:
Post a Comment