Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3, 2016

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed conference weekend! As usual, it was incredible! It was just a little more incredible for me because I watched it in a cute little Danish chapel in the middle of a Danish rainstorm :) Don't be too jealous, but I have the best life ever. Best Mission. Best mission president. Best companion. Best area. Life is good.


I have a new favorite thing about my companion, Søster Holbrook. Whenever we are in a really silent/awkward/serious situation (like knocking apartment complexes or teaching lessons to old guys with runny noses....) she just starts giggling and laughing and can't stop.
Which of course, rubs off on me, and then both of us are trying to be serious but we just sound like we're choking because we're trying not to laugh. It makes things a little more fun. And that leads me to our funny story of the week!

We went to a plejehjem (care home) to visit an old inactive man named Ole. He is small and skinny and has a beard and when he laughs, it is just a loud wheeze, so sometimes we don't know if we should be worried or if we should laugh. But anyway, we went to visit him last week. Whenever he feels the Spirit in the slightest, he just starts bawling. So we were in there sharing a scripture and a thought with him, and he was just bawling like a baby (which makes the same sound as his laugh, by the way) and his nose started getting really really runny. If you get grossed out easily, stop reading here! Eventually, he was getting nice, big boogers hanging down 1 - 2 INCHES out of his nose, and he would just wipe them all over and tell us to keep talking, so we would. Well eventually, we were talking about conference, and Ole had an especially big booger fallin out of his nose and Søster Holbrook just begins to shake. I can feel, literally FEEL the laughter trying not to burst out of her... and then Ole says "et øjeblik, jeg skal lige pudse nase" (One second, I'll just blow my nose... it is really
funny in Danish) and starts trying to blow his nose with an envelope... and that was when Søster Holbrook lost it. She handed him a tissue and then she just started chuckling... and then I chuckled... and then she snorted... and then we both lost it. We could not stop laughing. But Ole didn't even notice!! He just was so occupied with blowing his nose that he didn't even notice. Talk about the perks of teaching old men who can't hear! Eventually he stopped blowing his nose and looked at us funny because we both had these huge goofy grins on our face and he asks why we are smiling and Sister holbrook (still
laughing) says 'I just love general conference so much, it makes me want to cry'. Nice save, Søster Holbrook... nice save. Ah man.... I thought it was funny. And he was really happy that we came to visit.


Anyway, I hope that you all enjoyed conference this weekend! I loved the focus that there was on what we CAN do. We really do have such large potential, we just need to find out how to access it. One of my favorite things from all of conference, however, was about
testimonies. One of the men was talking to the kids/youth, and saying that you are never too young to start gaining a testimony. Well, I would like to change that a little bit. We are never too young OR too old to get a testimony. It doesn't matter if we are 6 or 97, it is never too soon or too late to start seeking your testimony. Sometimes, we will forget the things we previously had a testimony of. The best time to start rebuilding that foundation is now. It is so incomprehensibly important that we all receive our own witness of truth. You don't even need to have a testimony of everything, as long as you have a testimony of something. That is my challenge to all of you - during the next week, choose a subject or topic that you want to gain a testimony of (or build it stronger) and then study that topic.Read about it. Pray about it. Apply it. I promise that if you sincerely try to seek, answers will come. I love You all and I hope you have a great week!

Love, Søster Ludlow

  
A picture right outside our apt. 

 Sarah had lunch with Soster Holbrook's grandparents this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment