Monday, October 17, 2016

October 17, 2016

Hey y'all!

We spent our P-Day up in a different area, so I don't have a ton of time to email, but hey, a picture is worth a thousand words :) lots of these pictures come from a little museum that shows what denmark would be like in the old days. Super cute and super fun. I LOVE DENMARK.


This week I got to go back to Slagelse for a day! I visited with Hans (the old guy who tells the hilarious women jokes) and it was so much fun. He gave us dinner and just set it down and said "eat, my big missionaries". If I come home a little chunky, it is 100% his fault.
We also biked down to the bottom of our area a few days ago! It takes a little over an hour, but the city down there is adorable. Two of our investigators live down there (a father and a son) and we love visiting them because of how pretty it is. I'll send pictures of it sometime, I just thought it would be fun for y'all to know that we literally bike for hours!

We went around offering to do service for people a couple days ago, and there was a lady who was astonished that we came around in the cold just to help... she didn't need any help (in her own words, she has 3 young adult children who need the punishment), but she invited us in and gave us freshly baked boller (kind of like a bigger, more delicious dinner roll) with pumpkin seeds and then sent us on our way.  Tender mercies of the Lord are all over!! We also had 4 investigators come to church yesterday, and that was really exciting. I also got called on in the middle of sacrament meeting to come up to the stand and interpret a talk that was given in English.... that is the second week in a row that I've been asked to interpret and IT IS TERRIFYING and so hard. But I said a prayer in my head that I would be able to communicate the speakers meaning, and it went pretty well. another tender mercy :)



A scripture that I have really thought a lot about lately is Helaman  10:4-5. It is interesting that the Lord is praising Nephi, not for converting hundreds of people, but for working with unwearyingness to declare the word. Do we go about our days like Nephi? or do we mope
around and say that we are 'too tired', or 'too busy' to help with the Lord's work? Food for thought. I hope that you all try to live your week in a way that you would be proud to present to the Lord. If we do that every week, I think that we very soon will find that all indeed
shall be made well. I love Denmark, I love the gospel, I love all of you! Have a good week and don't forget to be happy!

Love, Søster Ludlow

No comments:

Post a Comment