Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10. 2016

October 10, 2016
Hej!

This week was fun! All but one of our sit down appointments burned us, but it was alright because we ended up finding a lot of cute dogs and meeting some pretty interesting people! Even the rough things have their good side! I don't really have a lot of stories from this week.  We went to see a musical (inside the stake center) that was directed by one of the members from Slagelse. It was written by the same man who wrote the Forgotten Carols! it is called the Garden. It was in Danish, so it was a little bit hard to understand sometimes, but the symbolism in it was incredible! Our investigator Annelise (who is on date to be baptized!) came and brought 2 of her old lady friends from her church. They were very sweet.



Oh! I also got my first flat tire! and by flat, I mean that the sides of my tire ripped in half so I literally killed my tire. so that was  fun! I was frustrated, but then Søster Holbrook made me some danish hot chocolate and that  fixed everything.

Tender mercy of the week: we lost Søster Holbrook's name tag, and she was really sad about it. but we went out anyway, and I randomly decided to check the mailbox. We checked the mailbox, and someone had found Søster Holbrooks name tag and put it back in there! It was a little thing, but it was a tender mercy for her. just goes to show you
that the Lord's hand can be seen in the tiniest places of our lives; we just have to look for it.


My last little thought before I close off comes from Elder Christoffersen's talk at conference. I studied it a lot this week, and my favorite thing that I found was the idea that we won't learn until we decide to TRUST the teacher rather than resisting Him. I just want to challenge you all to be a little more open minded to the spirits promptings. Don't resist the teacher's advice - if you think you need to change something in your life, no matter how small - just do it. We
will learn so much faster and be so much happier once we let the Lord make us into something incredible.

I love you all and I hope you have a good week! Remember to smile and serve every chance you get!

Love, Søster Ludlow

No comments:

Post a Comment