Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19, 2016

Hello everyone! it has been a crazy week!

So last week, I got to experience what life is like in another area of
Denmark! We were on splits in a city called Søborg. Some
highlights....
We met a lady with a really fat baby that had bambi pajamas on.
The Søborg sisters had to mow their lawn, and we were supposed to
help, but I didn't have clothes to do it. So I used the apartment
genbrug (basically D:I.) to make a fun outfit that could get grassy.
We also went to an INCREDIBLE ice cream place... it is called
Ismageriet and it is ranked as one of the top 5 ice cream places in
the world and is the number 1 in Denmark. mmmmmm :)

On Saturday, the Elders in our area had another baptism and one of our
investigators, Tanja, came! She has been a little bit skeptical about
baptism, but now that she has seen how it works, I think that she will
be a lot more open to the idea! The bad news about that is.......
That I will not be around to see it happen.

That's right, I am no longer serving in Slagelse. On Saturday,
President called to tell us that Søster Jex and Søster Naylor would be
staying in Slagelse to train a new sister and that I would be OPENING
a new sister area as well as  TRAINING. Needless to say, I just sat on
the ground and started crying. I love Slagelse. My heart literally
broke when I said goodbye to the members there. I thought that I would
get to be there at least one more transfer... but the Lord has other
plans in mind, I suppose! I was really worried and really upset at
first. But then I started thinking about it, and this is going to be
an incredible experience. I will be serving in an area called Amager.
It is right next to Copenhagen and is basically an island that is
attached to Sjælland. There is only a branch in Amager, which is
awesome because in Denmark, sister missionaries only serve in
wards.... except for meeee! hehehe I am really excited. I haven't seen
much of it yet, but it should be really incredible. Terrifying, hard,
confusing, and crazy, but incredible. I feel a lot of responsibility
on my shoulders right now. However, I have been studying a lot about
how we can handle responsibilty and challenges that come our way, and
the biggest thing comes down to trusting in the Lord. It is just like
Nephi said, the Lord will not ask us to do something if he is not
going to provide a way for us to do it. He qualifies those whom he has
chosen, and even though I do not feel worthy or ready for this
responsibility right now, the Lord is going to provide a way to do it.
It is the same with all of you. Whatever responsibility you have been
given, just remember that if you have been called, you have what it
takes to accomplish it. Just smile and keep swimming, and you will
learn that you are far braver, stronger, smarter, and more capable
than you ever dreamed.

I hope that you all have an incredible week! Thanks for your love and support!

Søster Ludlow

Here's a picture of me sticking my head out of my new apartment


Here we are eating the world's best ICE CREAM!
Here is my new cute lil' chapel
Finn Kristiansen family in Slagelse before I left...remember the puppies?

No comments:

Post a Comment