Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016 - Last week of training

Hello Everyone - 
.....and welcome to my last week of training! WHAAAT! I can't believe that I've already been in Denmark for 2 transfers. we get our transfer calls on Saturday and I am really really hoping that I get to stay in Slagelse for another transfer. There is so much that I still need to do here! I'm not praying that I'll stay here, because it is not my choice, buuuuut............ I maybe think about doing it sometimes.

We had a good week! It was Søster Jex's 30 day in the land training, so we were at President's House for a few days. That means that we got to go to the temple again! In a place as crazy as Denmark, temple time really is special. It is probably the only time that you can sit in complete peace and not be overwhelmed with what goes on around you. In the training, we talked a lot about boldness and humility. Those are two things that our companionship has been working a lot on, so it really gave us the boost we needed to come back and stun Slagelse! We found some really positive FAMILIES this week, and we are really hoping that things work out with them.

Yesterday, we had no investigators in church so we went to the youth Sunday school Class. There is a 12 year old boy in there named Daniel who reminds me a lot of my little brother in his sense of humor.... The lesson was on For the Strength of Youth standards, and we were talking about dating. The bishops wife said "So, if we shouldn't date until we are 16, what CAN we do?" and this little kid sits up straighter, ponders, and then says very bluntly and slyly "well, we just pray that time goes faster!" WOOOOOO that kid had me laughing so hard!! So that was definitely one of the funnier parts of the week, just listening to his opinions on girls doing 'weird girl things' and dating. Good times.

Something That I found several times in my study this week came back to prayer. I read in Mark 1:35 about how the Savior went up to a solitary place to pray, and I had a quote stuck in my scriptures about it. It is by Spencer W. Kimball and says "When we pray alone with God, we shed all sham and pretense, all hypocrisy and arrogance..." then, I found in Jesus the Christ the following quote: "Prayer is not compounded of words... Prayer is made up of heart-throbs and the righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition, and pure desire."
This really just got me thinking about how our prayers go. It is so easy to just sit there and say a quick prayer in our head before we head out and then be done with it. But is that as meaningful? Yes, God still hears them and will still answer them, but the strongest prayers are the ones that come from the deep yearning of your soul - when you sincerely FEEL the words that you say and you are willing to do anything to get a response. Further on in the book, it talks about how there has never been a person who is human who has not prayed -  because every one of us has a heart and soul that longs for things - and that longing is a prayer to God. My challenge to all of you is to re-evaluate your prayers. What priority do they get in your life? How do you say them? I hope you all will take the time to do what the Savior did, and find a solitary place, and there sit and pour out your soul to God out loud. I have tried it several times since being out, and I can tell you that it will change your entire outlook on your life.

Thank you for your love and support! I hope you all have a good week! I love and miss you all!

Søster Ludlow

 Our Picnic by one of the churches in Slagelse


A pretty place that we found while we adventured in the woods for P-day! There was lots of ducks :)

Here's a picture of baby ducks that I found because I love ducks. 


COMMENTS I GOT BACK:

Crysi,
I continue to be amazed at this girl.  She truly strengthens me every time I read her email.  Thanks for sending them. 
 Aunt Michelle Bailey

Thank you for sending her letters!  She is such a good missionary 😀
Catherine Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment