Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5, 2016

Hello all!
This week was a good one! I saw SO MANY PUPPIES. Also, I received some candy and letters from my incredible Family in Ephraim, and I got to show Danes what some of our American candy is like! They loved it.

This week I went to visit a Family that my Brother was really close to named the Kristiansens. Their dog recently had 7 puppies, and so when I walked into their Apartment, i was swarmed by tiny Little puppies! It was like walking into heaven! They were so cute. Naturally, that was a highlight of the week. 


We visited with the hilarious member Hans again, and I have yet another Hans quote! We were talking about how God has a sense of humor and søster Naylor said "He most definitely has a sense of humor. I mean, he made giraffes, just look at them!" and Hans said "psh, and women?!?!" hahahah he is just so funny. I love him so much. It is funnier in Danish. We also got invited to an open house thing by one of our old investigators. We got excited that she invited us because we thought she was reaching out to us again. We met up with her and we began to walk over to the address. Along the way, she randomly asked us if we work out. We had done a hard workout that morning (so we thought that we looked super buff or something) and we said that yes, we do sometimes. She just nodded and kept walking. we get to the address of the open house, and we walk around to the back side..... and I immediately started laughing. it was not an actual house open house... it was an open house for a hipster crossfit gym. We looked so silly, standing there in our church clothes in the entrance of a huge gym full of REALLY FIT Danish people.... Ah man. Good times. I love miscommunication sometimes... it makes for the best stories!

My little spiritual thought today comes from Alma 8:18. Alma had just left the city where he was preaching and he was really really discouraged. The people were not accepting his message, and he thought it would be better if he just went home. On his way back, an angel stops him and tells him that he needs to return to the city and continue preaching. Alma didn't take time to stop or rest or prepare himself; he immediately turned around and went back. Are we that quick to answer when the Lord asks us to change something? I know that I am not. But I can promise that if we try to be obedient a little faster, if we try to correct our course a little harder, that the Lord will give us that much more help. And just like with Nephi and Alma, the Lord will provide a way for you to accomplish the thing that he has asked you to do. 

I hope that you all have a good week! thank you for the love and support! Remember to smile! 
Love, Søster Ludlow

Me with Kristina, the lady with 7 puppies :)

Søster Jex taking a power nap during language study at the church... I'm a true mother. I take pictures of my children while they sleep.


Sharing the American Candy - Thanks Aunt Michelle & Uncle Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment