Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21, 2017 I've always wanted to be a murderer....

Hej everyone!

In case my subject line freaked you out, don't worry, I have not gone to the dark side! But i did get transfered to a new area called Esbjerg! It is my new companion's last transfer and that is what we affectionately call 'dying'. So I am killing her :) It should be a really fun transfer! I am super excited. 

This last week went by way too fast. I don't know how it is possible to do so much and remember so little, but apparently it is. Hm. Well, our investigator Bjarne had his baptismal interview and passed, so he will be getting baptized this Saturday! I am so excited for him. He has done so much and really loves the church. Also, he is in a band..... and they actually get paid to do cool band stuff. So he is basically the next Donny Osmond. Watch out LDS world, Bjarne Emmer is comin' at you! 

We got caught in a lot of random rainstorms this week. Danish summers are the best. but really, i think they are so fun and i love it here.

So, Bjarne's biggest problem with baptism was tithing... which makes sense because taxes here are CRAZY. But throughout the week, we just kept talking and explaining and trying to help him figure it out.... and one day, he came to us and said 'you know, Christ gave me everything. He gave me his life. If he can sacrifice that, then I think i can deal with sacrificing some money.' It was such a simple little realization, but it gave him so much courage to go forward. It just made me think.... if we remembered how much Christ went through and who He was and what He taught and the example He is for us every single day, how much of our day would change? what would change? Our faith in Him should be something that motivates us to be better and become more. So try and focus a little more on Him, and a little less on you. I promise you'll find that you actually become who you've always wanted to be.... because He will make you into that person. I love you all and miss you. Have such a good week! Be happy!

Love, Søster Ludlow

No comments:

Post a Comment