March 6, 2017
Transfers came around and rocked the boat again. Sister Naylor abandoned me to go back to my cute little branch on Amager. I am going to miss her a lot, but my new companion is awesome! Her name is Sister Haag. When I first got to the land, I was in a trio with Sister Naylor and Sister Haag, so we've already been companions! I guess President has run out of people who can handle me, and now he's just cycling back through them! But really, I adore Sister Haag, and am really excited to work with her here in Aarhus.
A classic good bye shot of Soster Naylor...she's gonna love me for this one!
I don't know if I already told this story, but I remembered it this week and thought I'd share because it is awesome. So a few weeks ago, Sister Naylor and I were on the bus on a Friday night. It was loud, and it was packed. To the left of us, there was a group of 4 30-35 old men that were being loud and obnoxious like single men usually are (no offense, love you all). After a while, I noticed that they had become aware of my name tag and the book I was holding in my hands. I heard them start joking around about all of it. My name, the church, the book, talking about Americans and how fun it is to make fun of them when they can't understand (haha... we let them think that.) I looked at Sister Naylor and all she said was "I will love you forever if you do it". What was 'It', you ask? Well, just think about my personality and how humbly (ha) I respond to people who think they can walk all over me. When the bus got close to our stop, I got out of my seat, turned toward them with my most dazzling smile and casually just said "I heard y'all talking about my name and this book - we'd love to tell you more about it and about how Jesus Christ and this book could help you find a happier life" and handed them our card, asked for their names, smiled, waved, and WALKED AWAY. BOOOOOOM. Let me tell you folks, the gift of tongues is REAL. Those 2 sentences were probably the most flawless Danish I have spoken yet on my mission. The entire bus just stopped talking and turned to look at the 5 of us. I WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK OF PURE TERROR THAT CROSSED THEIR FACE. It was hilarious and I felt really cool after. We never heard from them, but I'd like to think that they now think twice before mocking foreigners with Jesus on their side. Hehe being a missionary is awesome

Denmark is just so beautiful
The other day, we had a really good lesson with our investigator Nouria. She is 23, has pink hair, and loves Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Star Wars. Basically, we are best friends and I adore her. But we had a lesson about who Christ is to us personally and why we need to involve Him in our lives. and she was listening but I could tell that it just wasn't clicking with her. She has been athiest her entire life, so I knew that we needed to start explaining things in a different way. Then, all of a sudden, a scene from Star Wars popped into my head, and I began to tell her a story - about Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin Skywalker, and how it was because of Qui-Gon that Anakin had the chance to become free - but he still had to choose to accept Qui-Gon's offer and put in the effort to learn to become a Jedi. I related it to how yes, Christ has set us free, but we still have to choose to accept His gift and do our part to become who we are meant to be. It was incredible, and I never thought Star Wars could bring the Spirit so strongly into a room, but it did! It made sense and she really was touched by the idea. Again, I love being a missionary.
I just want to challenge you all to think about who the Savior is to you, and to find one more way that you can stand and represent Him in your life. I love you all, I love beign a missionary and I hope you all have a good week!
May the Force be with you!
Love, Søster Ludlow

Me offering a spoon to Sister Naylor to accept that she eats rice with a spoon
On splits with Soster Baird
Leadership Training at the Mission Home
No comments:
Post a Comment