Hello everyone!
This was a pretty crazy week, and I don't even know where to begin!
First of all, I am no longer in Roskilde! President decided to bully me again (not really, he is inspired), and sent me to Aarhus to be companions with my trainer, Sister Naylor! So I am currently sitting in Aarhus, which is so cool. It'll be a really good area! I'm sad that I was only in Roskilde for 1 transfer, and I miss Sister Acosta's spanish danish english, but I am really going to love it here. Plus, Elder Dibble is in my district again, so it is just like having a piece of home! I'm really excited to see how things go.
My favorite story from this week came while Sister Acosta and I were talking about Jehovah's Witnesses. She told me that the first time that she heard missionaries call them 'J-dubs', she was really confused because she thought that they were saying 'cheetos'. And she just couldn't understand why in the world all of these missionaries were so frustrated about investigators encountering cheetos, after all, what can a crunchy snack possibly do wrong?! She asked her companion that night and learned what it meant, but man, I can only imagine how concerned she was. Hahaha so watch out for cheetos, everyone!
But my last week in Roskilde was good! We had a lesson with our investigator Kris, and he all of a sudden said "OH! I forgot to tell you! Recently, I haven't really been wanting to smoke... and a lot of time, if I do it anyway, my cigarette just tastes absolutely horrid!" WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. Talk about miracles! We haven't even asked him to quit smoking yet! He knows that he should stop and knew that we wanted him to, and because of the changes he's been making, This was just the next step. That was just a crazy huge testimony builder to me. We talk a lot about how we have to change to get the Spirit, but we forget that most of the time, it is feeling the Spirit that first prompts us to change... it is a cycle that can't be rearranged or changed - an increase of the Spirit will always motivate to change. So if you feel like you need the motivation to change something in your life to be more in line with the person you should be, start finding ways to invite the Spirit more into your everyday. It might take a while, but he WILL help you see the things that you can change and improve on. That's just how things work. And I am so grateful that Kris could start to experience that. I am going to miss teaching him, but he is stellar and I know Søster Acosta will take good care of him.
I love you all and I miss you! thank you for your love and prayers! I hope you all enjoy the snow - play in it for a few extra minutes, just for me! Have a good week!
Søster Ludlow
A map the the Roskilde apartment everyone signs when transferred out. Sarah signed
next to Conner's MTC Companion, Aeldste Metcalf
No comments:
Post a Comment