Hello Again! Is it really Monday already?! Time flies by out here!
First of all, I need every single one of you who is reading this right now to call my mother on Tuesday the 23rd and say 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!'
I love my mum. You all know how incredible she is, and since I'm not there to give her love, I need all of you to do it for me!
Next: the spider update for the week. On Satuday, we saw the biggest spider yet. It was chillin' outside the church on the web - he was striped and nasty and everything! Here he is:
(and no, I did not hold my nametag... søster Jex did. I was too scared.
BUT THEN SOMETHING WORSE HAPPENED. Saturday is the day that we can use the laundry machines, and so we were Down in the basement gathering our laundry to bring it back Upstairs, when Søster Naylor grabbed my arm and said "don't look". Naturally, I started panicking. and of course, I looked. I turned around.... and there was a giant spider THE SIZE OF MY PALM on the wall. SHELOB IS LIVING IN MY BASEMENT. She is so big that I wouldn't have been able to squish her with my shoe. I have never been more terrified in my entire life. I could not move. Then Søster Naylor blew on it and IT CRAWLED INTO THE WALLS. So I am living in terror. I will try to get a picture if we ever see it again, but for now, just know that I am living in terror.
In happier news, this week was Jytta's birthday! (Jytta is the disabled lady who loves to sing). We visited her and brought her flowers. She insisted that we sit down and drink some chocolate milk with her. ah man, I could talk about Jytta all day. One thing she told us was that every now and then, you just need to put a goofy hat on a dog, because if you never do anything funny, then your life is nonsense! hehe I love her so much.
This week, I was studying the second half of Mosiah. I came across some verses that I really liked. In Mosiah 23:21-22, it talks about how the Lord tries our faith and our patience. It got me thinking about how important it is that we recognize that our difficulties and our challenges are just God's way of testing us to see how much we've learned. The most important thing we can do while we are experiencing hard times is to trust that all of these difficulties are for our good. If we just hang in there, keep smiling, and trust in the Lord, EVERY dark time in our lives will be turned to brilliant light. We just need to trust Him. I hope you all have a wonderful week. and if you don't have a wonderful week, remember that just smiling and being grateful can make a big difference in our happiness level! I love you all, thanks for all the good you do!
Søster Ludlow
Here is me and Jytta on her fødselsdag :)
No comments:
Post a Comment