Monday, August 15, 2016

August 15, 2016

Hello everyone!

We got our new companion!!!! Her name is Søster Jex and she is from
Orem, Utah. She is reallllyyyy good at Danish already, so I had better
start working harder so that she doesn't catch up! She got the full
Danish experience this week: broken bikes, sleeping on trains, eating
way too much, and she even got pooped on! I haven't even gotten that
yet!


Don't worry, she loves Denmark and we get along great! We got a new
elder in our area also and he is a GIANT. like he is over 7'2", thats
how tall he is. That really has nothing to do with my week, i just
forget sometimes that it is possible for people to be THAT BIG. I got
to take Søster Jex out alone for a couple days while Sister naylor was
at MLC. We went around and contacted people on the gågade, and I had
to be a big girl and start conversations. Turns out that I can
understand more Danish than I thought! It really is incredible what
the Lord can do if you ask for his help!

I finally figured out why it is that so many missionaries come back
from Denmark much heavier than they were before. No, it is not the
pastries or the butter... it starts somewhere completely different. So
in the Danish mission, we really have to trust in the Lord. We have to
trust that He is listening to our prayers, preparing people for us,
and then guiding us to them. If we want to be successful, we have to
trust in the Lord. I read in Proverbs 28 the other day, and I found a
verse that really explained the phenomenon of weight gain in Denmark.
In verse 25, it says "he that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be
made fat".        WHAAAAAT! Phenomenon explained :)

So you see, the reason that Danish missionaries get fat is because
they trust in the Lord! It makes so much more sense!!
heheheh I hope that all of you laughed as hard as I did when I came up
with that joke.

On a more serious note, I want to share something that we talked about
in sacrament meeting yesterday. Someone got up and shared a story
about a little baby eagle that had fallen out of its nest. A little
boy found it and brought it back to his home, and put it in with the
chickens. Over time, it grew up to be a beautiful eagle. A man came
one day to check on the chickens and told the farmers family, 'you
have an eagle in your chickens! that is an eagle!' the family said 'no
its not, it is a chicken'. the man then said, "look, i'll show you"!
so he put the eagle on his arm and held it up and said 'you are an
eagle! Fly!' and the eagle looked at him, hopped off his arm, and went
back to pecking with the chickens. The man tried again. he took the
eagle a ways away, so that he couldn't see the hens. He held it up and
said 'you are an eagle; fly!' and the eagle still didn't fly. He came
back the next day and took the eagle up to the top of the mountain,
where it could see everything and all the beauty of the earth. He held
the eagle up and said "You are an eagle. You were not brought here to
be a chicken, you were made to be an eagle. Now go, and fly.' and the
eagle spread its wings and flew, and they never saw him again.

So, what was the point of that? You see, all of us were not put on
earth to be the same. We have been put here, with our specific gifts

and talents, so that we could be an eagle. If we never use the gifts
and the talents that we have been given, we are just going to be
chickens like everyone else and we will never be happy. My challenge
for you all this week is to make a list of your 'gifts' or talents.
God gave you to them so that you could fly and be great, so USE THEM!
I hope that you all have a fantastic week! You are incredible and I
hope you know that you are special. I love you all!

Søster Ludlow

Another amazing sunset from our apartment


Nevermind the wind

Like a good Mom, I take embarrassing pics of my trainee

No comments:

Post a Comment