Hello all!
I hope everyone has had a great week! I really don't have a ton to
write about this week, but don't worry, we stayed busy! We found our
biggest spider yet (hiding in my closet, might I add... ) so that is
always a true joy! It also was super hot, but today we are back to the
good ol' cloudy Danish skies. I missed them.
This week, we had a training for all of us new folk. That means that
I got to see my beloved MTC district again! Needless to say, it was a
couple days with a lot of laughing and a lot of hugs! We ate at
McDonalds and played ping pong and learned a lot about what we can do
to become better missionaries. There is one thing that came up several
times over the course of the week that I would like to share with you.
In the mission, we've been talking a lot about how we can 'sanctify
ourselves' and really show God that we are committed to doing His
work. One solution that we came up with was that each of us was going
to take one thing - whether it was a habit, a food, a memory, anything
- that holds us back from being effective and that we were going to go
to the Lord in prayer and tell Him that we are willing to give this up
for HIm. After that, just work as hard as we can. Many
times, there is just one thing holding us back from reaching our
potential, or holding us back in our relationship with our Heavenly
Father. My challenge to all of you is to find that thing and exchange
it for something better. It might be hard to find, and it will be even
harder to give it up, but I promise that you will find more happiness
and more time to do good! Being a missionary is all about leaving
yourself behind and focusing on others. There was a quote that I heard
this week in a Mormon Message called "Lift" that said something along these lines:
"To heal ourselves physically, we have to turn in and take care of
ourselves. Yet when it comes to healing the soul, we have to turn out
and take care of others." If you want to hear how cool it is, the
message was called 'Lift' :) Go watch it!
write about this week, but don't worry, we stayed busy! We found our
biggest spider yet (hiding in my closet, might I add... ) so that is
always a true joy! It also was super hot, but today we are back to the
good ol' cloudy Danish skies. I missed them.
I got to see my beloved MTC district again! Needless to say, it was a
couple days with a lot of laughing and a lot of hugs! We ate at
McDonalds and played ping pong and learned a lot about what we can do
to become better missionaries. There is one thing that came up several
times over the course of the week that I would like to share with you.
In the mission, we've been talking a lot about how we can 'sanctify
ourselves' and really show God that we are committed to doing His
work. One solution that we came up with was that each of us was going
to take one thing - whether it was a habit, a food, a memory, anything
- that holds us back from being effective and that we were going to go
to the Lord in prayer and tell Him that we are willing to give this up
for HIm. After that, just work as hard as we can. Many
times, there is just one thing holding us back from reaching our
potential, or holding us back in our relationship with our Heavenly
Father. My challenge to all of you is to find that thing and exchange
it for something better. It might be hard to find, and it will be even
harder to give it up, but I promise that you will find more happiness
and more time to do good! Being a missionary is all about leaving
yourself behind and focusing on others. There was a quote that I heard
this week in a Mormon Message called "Lift" that said something along these lines:
"To heal ourselves physically, we have to turn in and take care of
ourselves. Yet when it comes to healing the soul, we have to turn out
and take care of others." If you want to hear how cool it is, the
message was called 'Lift' :) Go watch it!
I love being a missionary and I love Denmark! I hope you all have an
incredible week! remember to smile and say thank you - it makes all
the difference! I love you all!
Making Frikadeller
We were able to go the Denmark Temple! So awesome!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment