Monday, September 25, 2017

September 25, 2017

Hello :)

We had yet another crazy busy week! I'll just share some of the highlights! Our friend Jean texted us asking if he could bring his friend Bo to one of our lessons, and we said.... UM YES PLEASE. So now they are little investigator friends :) Yay for missionary work! 

Thursday was our friend Kevin's birthday, and his parents forgot, so he decided that he wanted to hang out with his real friends.... so he called us and the elders and we had a Mormon birthday party for him! He is awesome and he is really close to baptism, so keep him in your prayers!! There is a big World War II memorial in the forest behind his house, so he brought us and the elders over there and it was so cool! 

Also, we had a talent show for our ward activity. We spent the whole week trying to think of something we could do, and finally, the morning of, it hit us..... nametag kazoos! For those of you that don't know, missionary tags double as a kazoo. so we started off by playing 'called to serve' all pretty wtih a guitar and singing..... and then we broke out the kazoos and started playing for real. The ward loved it, and it was an awesome night. 

Anyway..... I've been reading in Alma recently, and something that has become really interesting to me is to get to know the personalities of people in the scriptures. I've always just read the scriptures as some kind of assigned text, but recently i've been trying to read them with the intent to understand and see why different things were important for different people. I've also been doing that with the character of Christ and getting to know Him as a personality and how He felt while He did what He did, as well as just trying to see the story and all of His teaching from His perspective. It is incredibly eye opening to think about - just imagining what it woul dhave been like for Him. It has just made me realize how invested He is in who we become and in our success. He isn't in this for a short amount of time, He is there until time stops existing. He's not going to give up on us, so why should we give up on ourselves or Him? He's there and ready to help, I promise you. Just look for HIm. Seek with your heart, not your eyes. 

I hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to wave to strangers :)

Love, Søster Ludlow

Leftover shenanigans pic I received from Sister Petersen.  Classic....
Enjoying the Sunshine!

Danish Countryside

No comments:

Post a Comment