Monday, February 20, 2017

February 20, 2017 HALF WAY MARK!

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 3:04:32 AM

Hej Everyone!

This week was pretty nuts. We were all over the country doing trainings and being on splits, so it was really fun! A couple of fun stories: we were getting off the bus yesterday, and there was this super cute old guy sitting right next to the door. When we walked past, we just had to smile at him, and right when we did, he started singing "God Bless America".... that was a first. Apparently we just look too American for our own good? Last week, we were out in the park, and we met another older man named Irgen. Irgen doesn't have kids, and so instead of spoiling his kids, he spoils the ducks that live in the park. Everyday at 10:30 am, he rides over there with his bike to make sure that they get some good, nutritious grains. And the ducks LOVE HIM. Some of them have names and will come when he calls them. I just love that I live in a country where people are that concerned over the welfare of the local ducks. It gives me a little bit of hope for this world! 

   

Yesterday in church, we were talking about faith in God. The ward mission leader (who was teaching the class) said something that I loved, it applied to both my nerd side and my missionary side. He said that having faith in God is like being a Jedi using The Force - it is invisible, and we can't see it when it is not being used. but the second that we start using it, we can see the effects. Granted, the things done by The Force are a little more noticeable, but maybe that is just because we don't know how to see the effects of our faith? Remember that every good thing comes from God - if we are exercising our faith, and there are good things happening in our life, how can they not be related? We are promised that every tiny particle of faith will bring about miracles in our lives, so watch for them! I'm grateful that I get to be here in Denmark to help people see the effects of our faith. I love you all, I love my mission, I love Denmark, and I love life. Be happy and share the good things in life with someone you love! Have a great week! 

Love, Søster Ludlow


This is Sister Landeen!  Her Aunt, Uncle and cousins are in my home ward in Utah!  


This is a castle/old hospital Sarah stayed at while on splits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment