Thursday, June 9, 2016

June 9, 2016

HEJ family and friends!

This week was fantastic! 

First for a people update: I found my good friend Sofia Nelson from Jamba juice who is also going to denmark. She won't be in our district since she already knows Danish, but she'll be flying out there with us! 
I can't believe that I leave for Denmark just 2 WEEKS from Monday! wow!!! Time has flown by. Of course, it helps when you have an apostle speaking to you on Tuesday nights... Oh did you notice the word apostle? I will come back to that later ;)

We got a new elder in our zone this week! Elder Ludwig, who is a one-man district because he is going to Iceland! New life goal: learn icelandic because it is SO COOL. (after I learn Danish, of course... because Danish is my favorite!) So that was fun to have a new face around. We also discovered that Ældste Smith is one of the MOST gullible people on the planet. We may or may not have convinced him that 1) there is a breed of cows called hill-cows that are bred just for hilly regions because they have a special tendon which allows either their front/back legs to shorten/lengthen depending on which way they're facing on the hill. And 2) that I am basically betrothed to the man of my dreams (completely not true, BTW). We have great plans for these jokes.. most notably a 'dear jane' letter coming in the future. It should be great. 
I can't remember if I said this last week, but all of us are having trouble remembering what Google does, and so whenever one of us in our classroom has a question, we pull out our handy dandy pocket dictionary and say "Well, let me ask Google! Hmm.... Google must be down today, there's no answers." we think that we're hilarious. 

My incredible mom sent me a headscratcher this week, and it has been quite the hit! Both missionaries and teachers can't get enough of it! My teacher Bror Jewkes especially loves it. Whenever he is bored or we are busy studying or teaching, he walks around scratching his head with it and will leave in sitting in his hair for entire lessons at a time. We hide little candies around the classroom for him, and when he thinks we aren't looking, he eats them. Sometimes I think he is more of a child than I am.
My companion/district have found a new love for crackers. Sister Whitlock decided that she was going to smuggle a bunch out of the cafeteria so that we could have some for snacktime.... I sent a couple pictures to explain how that worked!
 Hey Sister Whitlock!  What's hangin?
Ooooh!  Snack time!

Update on my district: Sister Player got super sick this week, but somehow she still managed to kick my booty in our workouts. This week we are starting her "fat burning bootcamp".... Pray for me. Seriously though... pray. I will need it, haha. Ældste Smith and Søster Peterson loved the dear elders they received! also, if anyone would add Sister Etiola MacDonald to their writing list ( she is also in my district), it would be really sweet of you. any kind of random facts about the world or funny jokes would be perfect for any of them!

Okay, back to the serious side of missionary work - Søster Petersen and I got made the Sister Training Leaders for the Zone, so we are now team mom. And the special devotional on Tuesday that I mentioned before... Allow me to explain - this week, we had yet another devotional with an apostle. But this time, it was none other than ELDER DAVID A. BEDNAR , who happens to be one of my favorites. His talk was absolutely phenomenal. He spoke about the concept of "one by one", and how everything that either Christ and God does, is done individually. This came as a huge blessing to me. One of my teachers challenged us to pray and ask God how He feels about us. Not just as His children, but how deeply and intimately he feels about me, Sister Sarah Ludlow. I didn't take it super seriously, but I prayed (in my broken Danish) to know how He felt about me. Then, the next night, an apostle of the Lord comes to the MTC and spends 40 minutes explaining how personally, deeply, and infinitely God knows every single missionary in that room. He spoke about how when you are on the Lord's errand, nothing is coincidence, and how God would send two missionaries just to find the ONE that needs it. I wish that i could explain how powerfully this struck me. The entire room was filled with a spirit so strong that there was no way anyone who heard him speak could deny that Jesus is our Savior and that God lives. Even though I was not as sincere in my prayer as i should have been, God sent an apostle to tell me, little ol' me, that He knows. He knows my heart, my thoughts, my fears, my sorrows, my deepest desires, and has seen the depths of my soul that not even I have figured out. Jeg ved at Gud kender mig. Jeg ved at Jesus Kristus er min Fresler, og de elsker mig. Jeg ved at jeg har been called at vidne på Danmark. Jeg ved at Gud elsker I og Han vil besvar din spørgsmål og giver I fred for jeres deepest fears. I love being a missionary, and I can't wait to get to Denmark and try to spread His love!

Thanks for all the love and support! Please give my family loves and tell them how fantastic they are! I hope to hear from you all soon! 
Jeg elsker I og jeg savne I!
Have a good week!

Love, 
Søster Sarah Ludlow
 Sister Player
 More Brewis adventures with Sos. Petersen and I
 Temple pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment