Comin at you live from another great day at the MTC. The updates for the week; first, the rest of our zone came last week, so we have 11 new Swedes and 3 new Nords (Norwegians)! One of the Nords is the niece of my home bishop, Frank Prater and his wife! Sister Jones (that's her name) and I had a fun time talking about that the first day she got here. Next, I saw Rachael McDonald this week and I forgot how much I love that giant sunshine of a person. Wow, she is incredible. Today I played volleyball with Sister Christensen (aka Jess) and we made fun of each other just like we would at home. I forgot how much I missed teasing people! I feel guilty if I tease Søster Petersen because she's just so dang cute, but every now and then I simply can not resist, hehe.
Thank you to everyone who has been sending me letters! They make my day everyday, and I love hearing about everything. Søster player still has me beat, I'm afraid. After the long weekend, we went to the mailbox and she had 9-10 pages of dear elders, with letters from about 4 people on each page......... she's simply too cool, haha. I really do love her so much. Also, if any of you would write Søster Nikayla Petersen or Ældste Tyler Smith (same address as mine), that would be appreciated because they feel sad that they don't get letters. hehe Even if you just write them to say hi and to tell a funny joke, that would be great
.
So, the other day, ALL of the girls bathrooms in our instruction building were out of order and sister player desperately needed to go to the bathroom. We were all teasing her and Bror jewkes told us a story about a sister in his old district who peed her pants from laughing 4 times in 6 weeks, and then sister player was on the ground laughing and we were all laughing and I didn't think that we were going to make it out alive (or at least without Sis. player having an incident...) but somehow, she survived. I guess that's just one of the funny things that happened this week, haha.
The other funny story of the week is that the other day, we were watching our zone elders walk around. and whenever they walk, they walk in a straight line and whistle.... just like the 7 dwarves...... and so lo and behold, I HAD to say something, and now each of the elders has their own dwarf name. We've got our own Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy, Doc, Bashful, and of course, Grumpy. (That's Aeldste Smith in my district... cute little guy). The boys don't know about it yet, so we are going to tell them the last night that we're here. For now, its all I can do to keep myself from dying of laughter whenever they walk past whistling hahahaha.
I LOVE MY BRANCH PRESIDENT. In our letter to him last week, my companion mentioned that we miss our family, friends, and dogs. Here at the MTC, we've gotten new friends, we have a new little family, but we still miss our dogs.... and so, because President Freestone is the coolest guy ever, when his wife made him go to Hobby lobby with her, he picked up a tiny little plastic dog for us to have. we named him Brewis :) (because of my baby Lewis and Sis. Petersen's dog Brody). I love Brewis. But not as much as Lewis, don't you worry.
Brewis at the Temple
Thought of the week; often I find myself wondering how I can know whether the things I think are me or if they are the spirit trying to prompt me... what I've decided on is based on a couple things. First, we have been given the gift of the spirit so that it can ALWAYS be with us. That means that over time, if we are living worthily, the spirit literally becomes a part of our conscience, a part of who we are. Second, we're taught several times in Mormons Bog that all good things come from God. So, when we have a thought and it is a thought that will lead us to do good or that will help someone else, yes, it is our own thought, but because the spirit has become a part of who are, it is also the Spirit coming from God to guide us. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'God will never let us be alone'.
I miss you all and I love you so much! I hope to hear from you all soon! I love you!
Love,
Søster Sarah Ludlow
No comments:
Post a Comment