Friday, July 8, 2016

July 8, 2016

Hej fam and friends!
I don't have much time, so I'll keep it short! This weeks funny quotes:  "Is God your genie"?  We were talking to an Arabic guy on the street and he doesn't speak Danish or English very well, and he asked a question that sounded like 'Is God your genie?' Søster Naylor started responding to the question and he took her seriously for a while but then he started laughing hysterically
because that was NOT what he had asked. We still don't know what he said but it was really really funny.

We knocked doors for the first time yesterday! Of course, we got shut Down a few times, but then we knocked on a Syrian family's door. They invited us in and fed us and gave us pineapple soda, and because their Danish wasn't very good, their 7 year old daughter was translating for us. We had asked if they believed in Jesus Christ. The Little girl talked to her parents and her Little Brother and then says in Danish: "My dad believes in Jesus, my mom believes in Jesus, I like Jesus... But HE (pointing to the Little Brother) only believes in Spiderman" hahahaha.   I couldn't stop laughing for a very long time, and neither could the Family. Good times. We're going back tonight to talk to them, but I think things could go really well with them.


We got off on the wrong bus stop this week and got stranded in a  rainstorm waiting for a member to find us. That was SO FUN. I was wearing my rubber shoes, so whenever no one was watching, I would go jump in the puddles. I love the rain :) There was a HUGE thunderstorm last night. The lightning was so bright that I could still see it when my eyes were closed and our curtains were shut. It was incredible. It also makes for the best sunsets.

This week I spent a lot of time studying faith. As I read, I noticed a common theme among every single scripture that I read. They all said that miracles ONLY come when we have faith enough for the miracles. It is so important that we make sure that we are doing our part of the miracle. God has promised that if we show our faith in Him, that He will send miracles. I know that this is so true. The more that we show God that we trust him and that we believe in him, the better off we will be. He loves us and wants to give us everything, we just have to have faith enough to receive it. I love you all and I miss you! I hope that you all have an incredible week!

Love, Søster Ludlow

 
Our trio
 So we went out to eat and got more than we bargained for as far as portion size goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment